PLUM TWIST HEADBAND / HAIR WRAP
This was an on the fly, super fast creation when I needed a hair accessory NOW. Isn't it nice to be able to make the things you need last minute?
This is a very easy, customizable, and quick pattern I wanted to share, so here it is!
* Worsted Weight Yarn, 1/8 skein, scraps, very little (you get the point!), I used Caron Simply Soft in Plum
* 8 mm hook
* This pattern uses the lattice stitch (one of my fav's!), which has a basic pattern of *dc-ch 1-sk 1* while dc-ing into the ch space.
* You could easily add rows to this to make it thicker/wider, and play with the hook size. I wanted mine to be lacy looking, and using a larger hook with WW yarn creates that effect. Try a smaller hook for a "tighter" look. If you do this, you may want to increase your foundation chain.
* To wrap this around your head for this look, hold it at the base of your neck with an even length to each side of you (behind your head). Then wrap over your head, twist twice, and pull back down to the base of your neck. Tie off.
- Chain 120
- Row 1: IN TOP LOOP ONLY, dc in 2nd ch from hook, ch 1, sk 1, * 1 dc, ch 1, sk 1* repeating across. End with a dc, chain 2 and turn.
- Row 2:(in both loops) hdc in each ch and ch space across. Ch 2, turn.
- Row 3: dc in same space, and in next st start the lattice (your dc's should line up), *dc, ch 1, sk 1* across.
- I stopped here. You could repeat Row's 2 and 3 for a wider hair-wrap, or even a shorter scarf.
|For Row 2 - hdc into each chain space and stitch. Notice the dc's in the top stitch only from Row 1.|
|For Row 3, you'll begin with a dc in the same space as your ch 2, and the next st so the dc's line up.|
|Stop here, or keep going!|
* ch = chain
* st = stitch
* sk = skip
* hdc = half double crochet
* dc = double crochet
* This pattern uses US terminology
That's it! Super fast lightning ninja crochet. Enjoy and happy hooking!
***Feel free to use your work from my free patterns for whatever purpose you like of course (you legally can sell your work from ANY pattern in the US according to copyright law, you just can't take someone's pattern and claim it as your own). Please do not copy and post this pattern and claim it as your own, you may share it, but only as a link back to the original post. You may share photos that include the Horizontal Designs text only. Thanks!
Please help keep the free patterns coming! A disabled gal's gotta eat :)