Materials:- Very little yarn, any weight
- Suggested hook size for yarn
- In the red stocking, I used Lion Hometown Chunky yarn (with hook size 8), and RH Super Saver in White (hook size 5.5mm)
- Tapestry needle for weaving in ends
*Turn at the end of each row
* Leave long tails for sewing
* Beginning ch counts as first st
*This pattern is for the red example above. You could adjust this pattern very easily to customize your colors.
1. With Color A: Ch 20, turn
2. Dc in 3rd ch from hook, and across (18)
3. Ch 2, dc across (18)
4. Repeat Row 3, ss to join and tie off (18)
5. Skip 6 st, join yarn in 7th st, dc next 6, turn (6)
6. Ch 2, dc across (6), ss and tie off
7. Join White yarn, ch 2, dc across, turn (6)
8. Ch 2, hdc across (6), ss and tie off
You are now going to fold the piece in half with the WRONG SIDE facing you, and sew along the seams to shape your stocking. Make sure you use the same color to seam that is on th stocking (red with red, white with white), because the yarn with show through.
Leave the top open, and weave in ends. Then you can create a hanging loop if you like. Mine was a chain 20. Then sew it in Row 7 or 8 so your mini stocking hangs at a nice angle :)
Whaaaa la! Cute mini stocking in a few minutes!
Happy Holiday Hooking!!!