It's fall! And I'm lazy! So here is the easiest way EVER to make your house smell nice and fall-ish for cheap, and all in about 3 minutes.
1. Get a shallow pot
2. Get some cheap cinnamon sticks, if they are not too stiff, break them up. I usually use 3.
3. Get some whole cloves. Toss some into said pot.
4. Slice EITHER apples or oranges and add them. Pick a single fruit, I tried them both togther thinking I'd be fancy, and it was gross smelling.
5. Fill with water until they are covered.
6. Bring to a boil, then simmer. I usually just set the stovetop to medium and then turn it back down to a low setting. Keep an eye on the water level, you may need to refill it, you want your fruity slices covered so they don't burn.
I'm assuming you don't need step by step pictures for something this easy. So enjoy! Make your house stink good in 3 minutes! Keep using on and off as needed for about a week, or until the fruit gets funky.